The Student Financial Services Counselor will serve as an active member of a service oriented, dynamic, and student centered Student Financial Services team. The primary responsibility of the Student Financial Services Counselor will be to provide financial counseling for both current and prospective students, as well as their parents in all areas of educational financing (student loans, financial aid, student accounts/tuition payments, and student employment);and will also have administrative responsibilities for other financial aid programs as assigned by the Director.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive counseling and assistance to students and families in all areas of financing their Wellesley education (student loans, financial aid, student accounts/tuitions payments, student employment). Will also require participation in outreach efforts, presentations and other activities that emphasize Wellesley’s commitment to access and affordability.
- Assist the Senior Associate/Senior Assistant Director(s) in development and administration of the financial literacy program.
- Assist the Senior Assistant Director in administering and monitoring the Federal Work Study and Wellesley Student Work programs.
- Assuming accountability for and maintaining knowledge of federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations.
- Position requires extensive and timely communication with parents and students, prospective and current, in person, email, and on the telephone. Skills must be excellent.
- Provide excellent service to all constituents (students, applicants, parents, colleagues) as evidenced by clear, accurate and timely communication via email, phone and in person.
- Demonstrated level of consistency in excellent service to students, families and colleagues.
- Active and positive participation as a member of the SFS team.
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Preferences include 2 years of experience in a higher education setting (including student work-study) and/or one of the areas that comprises Student Financial Services (educational financing/student loans, financial aid, student accounts/tuition payments, student employment).
- Experience with a wide variety of software and database applications, such as Banner, PowerFAIDS, Nolij, Google, and Microsoft Office also preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work independently, but to also contribute positively to a team approach. Demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), strong group presentation skills and an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age , disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply