This is a work-study student position responsible for assisting in the operations and activities of a department or a departmental project, program, or function.
1. Provides office assistance to the department by assisting staff in routine clerical duties and responsibilities.
2. Provides assistance in answering phone calls, routing incoming calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, and directing visitors to appropriate staff member.
3. Assists in file and records maintenance.
4. Assists in the preparation and implementation of departmental project/program activities.
5. Provides general information and/or training regarding project/program.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The minimum education required for admittance as a student at Stephen F. Austin State University.
No direct experience is required. Training and instruction will be provided.
A student must be awarded and accept a “Work-Study Permit” for each semester the student will be working.
Proficiency in Excel.
Physical Demands Special Conditions for Eligibility
A student must be enrolled in six or more semester hours to be eligible for student employment during the fall or spring semesters. To be eligible for student employment during the summer, a student must be enrolled in three or more semester hours or be registered for courses in the upcoming fall semester.
Student assistants may not hold any other type of position such as a graduate assistantship or temporary casual employment at the same time that they are employed as a student assistant.
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
1, 2 or 3
Posting Open Date
Office hours are 1 to 5 pm, Mon. – Fri.
Special Instructions to Applicants
If selected for an interview, the interview will take place at the Music Prep House, 3028 Raguet Street, on the SFA campus.
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Quick Link
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you eligible for Work Study?
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Student Class Schedule