9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Student Assistant – Photography – Frisco
Student Assistants provide a variety of support for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to –
- Answering phones, responding to general telephone inquiries, and transferring callers to the appropriate party.
- Greeting callers, campus visitors, students, faculty, staff and the general public in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person.
- Performing data entry and word processing.
- Filing documents.
- Making copies
- Faxing documents
- Running errands on assigned campus
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and student privacy as required by department policy and procedure.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with College policy, procedures and Core Values.
Student Assistants must have and maintain satisfactory progress of a 2.0 GPA or better. Some departments require higher GPA. Student Assistants must remain enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the semester in which they have a Student Assistant assignment (International Students must be enrolled in 12 hours). (Exception: Students who are in their graduating semester may be eligible for a Student Assistant position if they need less than 6 hours to graduate). In order to be eligible for a summer Student Assistant assignment, students must have been enrolled in at least 6 hours during the prior semester
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment, machines and basic office procedures
- Knowledge of terminology and/or coursework in the discipline desired
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and work well with a diverse staff
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be responsible, dependable and punctual
- Ability to multi-task
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Student Assistant
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: 10.75 – 10.75
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email [email protected]