Elwood Tradesmen is now hiring for an experienced Structural Steel Welders. Candidates should have previuous experience and be able to accurately produce 1F to 4F, & 3G welds at a volume and standard acceptable to the industry, and additionally be able to proficiently follow all safety precautions when using potentially dangerous equipment.
- Weekly Pay
- Monday -Friday work schedule (some weekend work may apply)
- 7:00am – 3:30pm (plus OT when needed)
- $16.00 – $19.00 an hour depending on experience
- Full-time hours + OT Temp to hire position
- Full benefits package is available
- Report to work as scheduled, on time, tooled up & prepared to begin work.
- Remain at job/job site for the time scheduled by supervisor/foreman.
- Good grasp of structural welding concepts and practices.
- Able to perform all Structural Steel Welder duties proficiently & efficiently in prescribed manner: set up equipment to weld in vertical, horizontal, flat, or overhead positions and able to produce high volume of quality welds for installation with efficiency & accuracy that is acceptable to industry standards averaging 8 ft an hour with 1/4 quality welds
- Maintain a clean job site. Pick up tools & equipment throughout the day. At the end of each day, return tools to Gang Boxes to eliminate hazards.
- Knowledge of OSHA and local safety rules. Recognize and report safety hazards in the work area.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Work as a team-player.
- Maintain a professional work ethic.
- Represent our company in a positive manner at all times on job site to GC, superintendent, & public.
- Able to lift and carry 80 lbs frequently throughout the day.
- Able to stand for 8+ hours a day.
- Willing to travel and work out of town as needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Diploma/Certificate from Trade School in Field of Welding and/or equivelent experience is preferred
- Prefer 1-3 years experience welding on commercial job sites.
- Toolkit containing tape measurer, 3lb hammer, adjustable crescent wrench, chipping hammer, harness, gloves, welding hood and leathers
- Willingnes and able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to travel to different work sites
- Previous Forklift, Scissor Lift and or Snorkel Lift is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistently perform essential duties and responsibilities safely & efficiently.
- Desire to learn & advance in welding concepts.
- Comply with safety procedures.
- Pre-employment drug screen is a condition of employment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate diversity at all levels of our organizations.
Call Us, Text Us, Email Us, Visit Us!!!!
Send your resume to [email protected]
Or visit us in person at
234 e 6400 s
Murray, UT 84107