At DistributionNOW, we believe our associates are the best in the business. We value and reward hardworking, creative, and dedicated employees that desire to be part of a team committed to outstanding customer service.
START YOUR CAREER NOW.
Cutting and welding for the fabrication of skids, platforms, and other structural items. Use of iron worker, band saws, hand grinders, and overhead cranes.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately fabricate equipment and products
- Basic hand tool use required (25’tape measure, levels, 2’ square, tri square, small hand grinder, 4# hammer, welding hood, caulk line, etc.
- Able to pass a 2G plate welding test with Metalcore .045 wire
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Rework and/or repair welded structures according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and/or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proficient in oral and written communications.
- Minimum 2 years welding experience may be required
- Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow directions
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Competitive Wage
- 401(k)/ Retirement savings
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage)
- Career growth
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays