This position is entry level to 5 years of progressive experience with structural design. The role of this position will be to serve as a Design Engineer . In this capacity you would be responsible for the structural design of complex structures and coordinating with supporting staff. It is critically important that the candidate be comfortable in serving in a collaborative role in this position and can demonstrate willingness to work with others. The future expectation is that the successful candidate will take a leadership position with the firm. Provide a cover letter and resume detailing your background and experience.
- Responsible for some independent design of simple structures using computer software, spreadsheets and hand calculations;
- Research catalogs and websites for commercially available equipment based on project needs and available technologies;
- Verify the project meets scope and code requirements;
- Maintain project design notebook and provide documentation for permanent record files;
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines whose services are requested;
- Recognizes potential project problems quickly and seeks advice of the Project Manager;
- Calculate dimensional requirements, costs, and time schedules budgeted for personnel involved and coordinate work on the project;
- Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement;
- Other duties as assigned by employer.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans and drawings;
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings and structures;
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, CAD and BIM programs;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Entry level – 5 years of progressive experience with structural design
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering
- Successful completion of IMEG Corp. mentoring program preferred.
- Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, see, hear, and lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to drive, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach with hands or arms, and grasp or pull.
- Will have limited exposure to outside weather conditions and loud noises
IMEG Corp., an employee owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees’ futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
Ready to engineer your career? Apply today!
IMEG Corp. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.