Quench USA, Inc. offers bottle-free filtered water solutions for healthy and environmentally conscious consumers outside the home, through direct sales and independent dealers across North America. Our bottle-free water coolers, ice machines, sparkling water dispensers and coffee brewers purify the existing water supply to provide reliable and convenient filtered water to a broad mix of businesses, including government, education, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, and other large commercial customers, including more than half of the Fortune 500. Quench has grown from a small regional company to a national and international leader that had a successful NYSE public offering in 2016 and is now a strategic company owned by private equity backed Culligan. The Company has a sustainable mission and value proposition and is the leading consolidator in a fast-growing market. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, Quench has sales and service operations across North America to serve our 60,000+ customers, and a network of over 250 independent dealers selling products under the brand names Pure Water Technology, Wellsys and Bluline. Quench is a Culligan Company.
Founded by Emmett Culligan in 1936, Culligan is a world leader in delivering superior water solutions that will make a real difference in improving the health and wellness of consumers. The company offers some of the most technologically advanced, state-of-the-art water filtration and treatment products. These products include water softeners, drinking water systems, whole-house systems and solutions for businesses. Culligan’s network of franchise dealers is the largest in the world, with over 900 dealers in 90 countries. Many Culligan dealers have valuable equity in their local communities as multigenerational family owners of their franchises. For more information visit www.culligan.com.
Values: Be Quenchy
KWENCH – ee; adjective
- Going “above and beyond” for one’s customers, colleagues and company.
- Demonstrating positivity, dependability, honesty and collaboration.
- Balancing life and work, and having fun doing it.
Quench seeks a growth-oriented Strategy Intern to contribute to the team for the 2021 summer. This intern will join the Strategy and Business Intelligence group, which acts as a shared service in support of the executive team. The Strategy Intern will work for the VP of Strategy and Business Intelligence, alongside the Strategy Manager. This role is anticipated to be a 10-week position, starting, and ending dependent on intern availability.
The Strategy Intern will take end-to-end ownership of a project (or multiple, depending on timeline) in support of Quench’s continued growth and improvement in a consulting-style role. Though the final project will be selected based on pressing needs of the business at the time of the internship, potential examples include improving customer churn prediction (and ultimate prevention), optimizing service delivery and market coverage, reducing internal costs of quality, etc. For this project, the intern will be expected to develop a work plan in-line with the duration of the internship, collect data in partnership with relevant stakeholders in the organization, analyze and derive insights from the data, and communicate these results to leadership. The intern will also help shape the implementation of these recommendations. In addition to this dedicated project, the intern will be a full member of the Strategy and Business Intelligence group, and therefore will also be a part of ongoing and ad hoc team projects which may include data analysis, reporting, or research (internal or external/market).
- Successfully deliver unique insights for defined project(s)
- Develop project plan based on project goal, timeline, and core hypotheses to solve problem presented
- Collect relevant data, including internal and external research, in conjunction with various stakeholders across the organization (including Business Intelligence, IT, Business Analysts, Marketing, etc.); may include field research (internal or external) such as interviews, if needed
- Analyze data based on sound methodologies to prove hypotheses of business value
- Develop insights and recommendations to improve or capture opportunity based on analysis
- Communicate results to leadership to articulate opportunity and compel action
Ensure Realization of Business Goals:
- Develop realistic implementation plan in partnership with impacted business stakeholders, including action plan
- Outline metrics to measure success post-rollout as well as reporting cadence so that leadership can quickly ascertain whether the project is successfully on track
- Strong problem-solving skills, including comfort and resilience in working through ambiguity to identify meaningful solutions
- Highly analytical; excited by the opportunity to work through data to develop new/unique answers
- Attention to detail to identify and eliminate errors at the source, and ensure project timelines are on track
- Effective time management and value-based prioritization
- Mature presence and poise to engage with leadership in a consultative role
- Demonstrated humility in willingness to learn the business and contribute
- Honesty and integrity in all facets of the role, owning and learning from mistakes
- Growth mindset and willingness to take on and learn from new challenges, including giving and receiving direct feedback
- Collaborative team player, both within the group to share and learn from best practices and across the organization to support Quench’s success
- Resourcefulness to drive to a solution which is not readily achievable or apparent on the surface
- Outcome-oriented in improving Quench and our service to customers
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Quench provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, benefits, training, social and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.