If you are not familiar with Tender Loving Empire, we are a handmade marketplace and record label that specializes in creative media and promoting independent artists and musicians. We operate five brick-and-mortar stores that carry handmade goods and local music from over 300 independent artists as well as music from our own record label.
Sales associates at Tender Loving Empire are brand ambassadors and the secret to our success! They are customer service all-stars, always seeking opportunities to inspire and delight the customer by displaying warmth and inspiration through their engagement. TLE associates understand and appreciate the hard work that goes into the product + music that fill our stores and eagerly share this through their interactions.They contribute to a successful day of business by completing all operations in an organized and efficient manner. They prioritize communication and teamwork by holding themselves and their peers accountable, celebrating successes, learning from opportunities, and participating in group emails or meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years retail/customer service experience
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Warm, friendly and professional customer service and sales skills
- An eye for design and merchandising and an understanding of our company’s aesthetic
- Strong work ethic (TLE is a fun place to work, but we work hard!)
- Good Attitude
- Ability to accept and implement constructive criticism
- Weekend availability required
- Availability to work starting at 4:30am / 5am shift preferred
Benefits and Perks
- 40 hours of PTO (available upon completion of 90 days)
- Included Trimet pass or Employee Parking Lot Pass
- Generous employee discount, concert tickets, and frequent staff events