Store Directors are responsible for all operational and team member aspects of the retail store. Leads the success of a large box retail store with high product volumes and annual sales within the range of $4mm to $10mm. Store Directors manage their stores and team members in a manner that supports the company’s goals to meet and exceed financial and sales goals for the store. This leadership role is passionate about driving the business along with the people and processes to effectively support a fast-growing business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages the profitable operation of the store with an emphasis on developing and maintaining a high performing team through continuous improvement of talent by recruiting, selecting, managing staffing levels, follow-up action plans, training, and ongoing coaching, performance support and development. Identifies and develops team members for future advancement within the At Home family.
- Ensures operational readiness at all times maintaining a neat, clean and safe store through team work, store planning, delegation, follow-up, managing initiatives, and staff management and development.
- Provides leadership and develops and maintains a highly efficient profit center, appropriately balanced between business objectives and effective human relations. Ensures the continued fiscal success of At Home, as well as the satisfaction of its customers and team members.
- Validates merchandising, freight, safety and customer standards to showcase the store appropriately, protect Company assets and to create an optimal shopping and team member experience.
- Builds and manages a lean labor model through scheduling and payroll management while maintaining high volume product flow and excellent customer service.
- Creates a store environment to support a positive, safe shopping and working experience for customers and Team Members while minimizing damages and shrink along with handling and resolving customer and team member issues.
- Serves as a role model and as a coach for the entire store through living the vision and values.
- Analyzes store financial and business data through the store scorecard, including sales and expenses, and develops and executes budgets, financial and operational plans and strategies to maximize sales and profits.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- And any additional assign responsibilities