Stonestown YMCA Preschool is looking for a self motivated teacher for our Preschool program. Someone with a positive attitude that loves kids and teaching. Your duties would include planning and implementing our curriculum. Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, and fun age appropriate environment where children can learn and grow with your support. Modeling appropriate behavior at all times.
This role is 40 hours per week.
The preschool teacher is part of a team which provides a safe, nurturing and educational environment for all children enrolled in our program at the Stonestown Family YMCA. The preschool teacher will actively participate in all activities scheduled and is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with families being served at the Stonestown Family YMCA. The preschool teacher must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with children and must obey and follow all regulations set forth by Community Care Licensing as well as instructions given by the Head Teacher and Site Supervisor.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must have 12 units Early Childhood Education/Child Development
- Must have Teachers Permit
- 350 + days of 3+ hours per day within 4 years
- Must be available Monday – Friday, 30-40 hrs/week
- CPR/First Aid, TB Test and Immunizations and fingerprint clearance
- Bilingual skills are preferred
- Use of YMCA facilities
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits – medical and dental plans for full time employees
- Retirement benefits – 12% employer contribution after completion of eligibility requirements
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Commuter Benefits via pre-tax payroll deductions
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care on a pre-tax basis
- Use of YMCA of San Francisco Fitness facilities
- Paid time off benefits for part time and full time employees upon completion of eligibility requirements
- Training and staff development for all employees
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour