Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
- Graduate degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Biophysics or related study
- Minimum of 4+ years in cell biology and antibody discovery
- Experience in molecular biology, protein engineering, protein purification, Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR), and tissue culture
- Experience with developing and maintaining B cell culture systems
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize project pipelines
- Previous experience managing direct reports with an emphasis on developing careers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to identify and foster partnerships and collaborations
- Rodent handling skills (mice and rats) preferred
- Familiarity with specialized software (Tecan EVOWare, ForeCyt, UNICORN-VENUS, Momentum, VWORKs, Geneious Prime, LIMs) preferred
- Formal computer science programming skills (e.g., Python) and a general familiarity with mechanical/electrical/robotic engineering is also desired
Interested applicants must submit a resume or CV and cover letter
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity: We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at [email protected] or by calling 206-667-4700.