Velocity Engineering Services has an immediate opening for an ambitious entry level Staff Engineer. Velocity is an engineering consulting firm specializing in geotechnical and environmental engineering and consulting for homeowners and condominium associations.
If hired for this position you would:
- Learn a wide range of engineering skills including geotechnical investigations, sinkhole studies, pile driving, pavement evaluations, repaving projects, roofing evaluations, reroofing projects, structural repair projects, reserve fund studies, developer turnover studies, environmental phase I site assessments, and property condition assessments.
- Work on many different types of projects including both office and field assignments.
- Learn a wide range of business skills including project estimating and budgeting, business operations, marketing, networking, clerical duties, and general business management.
- Be granted increased autonomy, responsibility, and authority as you prove your abilities and learn required skills.
- Work hard while having fun.
The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, be an E.I./E.I.T., and have completed coursework in geotechnical engineering. To succeed in this position, the successful candidate will need to be a fast learner, ask lots of questions, and be flexible (our project schedules are constantly changing). Candidates must have effective verbal and excellent written communication skills as well as excellent computer skills. All submissions should clearly demonstrate that the applicant has excellent written communication skills.
At Velocity you will find a fun and friendly work environment, diverse work assignments, and the opportunity to work independently. We are technology friendly and support the use of various electronic devices in order to work remotely and more efficiently. Velocity offers excellent growth and advancement opportunities as well as competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, short/long term disability, retirement plan with company match, paid holidays, and paid time off. Please visit our website at www.VelocityEngineering.Net for more information about our company. We respect your privacy and will hold all career inquiries in strict confidence.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Waiting period may apply