Reporting directly to the co-directors of the division, the Staff Assistant is responsible for general administrative management of the Neuropsychiatry Research Program. Primary responsibilities include:
- Purchasing for the department; processing/tracking reimbursement of staff members’ expenses; preparing correspondence, recommendation letters, and appointment paperwork; managing department website maintenance; and scheduling special meetings and functions.
- Serving as Program Administrator for the new Translational Neuroscience for Clinicians (TNTC) fellowship program, which will enroll 2 new postdoctoral fellows per year. Will administer program website, collect and prepare application materials for faculty review, facilitate candidate interviews, manage required paperwork for correspondence with NIH, and facilitate scheduling and logistics for program seminars.
Other responsibilities include assisting the director in grant submissions for new, continuing and competing applications; and functioning as liaison to other MGH Departments and Community Programs.
Responsible for the oversight of research administration activities
- Complete and submit all appropriate documents to the Institutional
- Research Board (IRB) as required for new studies, ongoing, renewals,and closeout documentation. Respond to any/all requests for modifications or corrections.
- Make travel arrangements: registration for conferences, airfare, hotel reservations, and file forms for reimbursements.
- Organize electronic and paper grant submissions ensuring all required forms are in order. Apprise director of submission dates and changes in the application, submission, and funding guidelines of the institution and of various funding agencies.
- Administer TNTC program website, collect and prepare application materials for faculty review, facilitate candidate interviews, manage required paperwork for correspondence with NIH, and facilitate scheduling and logistics for program seminars.
- Assist director with fund projections and identify variations, trends, issues, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Obtains necessary supplies through e-Buy on an as needed basis.
- Oversight of faculty reviews.
- Act as a liaison to other MGH Departments and Community Programs as required and directed.
- Schedule special events, speakers, and meetings.
- Oversee payment of invoices, within Partners Finance policies and guidelines. Process purchase orders, check requests, etc.
- Perform other clinical and research-related administrative support functions as requested by director.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills.
- Proficiency in on-line form completion, Microsoft Office, including preparation of spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-13th Street – MGH
Work Locations: 13th Street – MGH 149 13th Street Charlestown 02129
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: MGH Psychiatry
Job Posting: Mar 4, 2019