The Staff Accountant position is responsible for monthly and daily general ledger accounting for one or more of our data center facilities. This role will work closely with our existing team of accountants to provide guidance and assistance where needed to complete month-end procedures and reports to the property accounting supervisor.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of month-end accounting close functions to include journal entries, accruals, fixed assets, revenue and expense deferrals and bank reconciliations
- Ensures transactions are recorded, reviewed, presented and supported in accordance with company policies, generally accepted accounting principles and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliations
- Prepares income statement and balance sheet analysis, on a monthly, quarterly, year-end and as-needed basis
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including working with our operations team to analyze and explain budget variances
- Responsible for the review of purchase requests for accurate GL coding and comparison against budgeted expenditures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or equivalent experience
- One or more years of recent accounting experience
- One or more years of experience working with GAAP and internal control compliance
- One or more years of experience with excel including pivot tables and v-lookups
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are imperative.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.