Position: Staff Accountant
Department: Operations: Finance and Accounting Date: 11/15/19
Reports to: CFO Classification: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Utilizing Financial Edge software and excel spreadsheets, this position will prepare journal entries; assist
with accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, and project cost accounting; and provide audit
support, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. General Ledger
- Assist with the monthly close process by performing audit and reconciliation of general ledger
accounts as assigned, initiating adjusting journal entries as appropriate using applicable forms
- Prepare entries to general ledger accounts with supporting documentation that provides a clear
- Review financial transactions against budgets for appropriateness and consistency.
- Enter budgets into the accounting system using appropriate general ledger codes identified from
budget narratives. Update the Budget to Actual spreadsheet, on a monthly basis, for CFO and
- Assist with monthly preparation of Fiscal Agent financial statements, as needed.
- Importing and exporting financial data and format in Excel for reporting purposes.
2. Fiscal Agent Responsibilities
- Perform monthly duties for agencies to whom CAPC acts as fiscal agent. Reconcile accounts,
maintain files, prepare journal entries and prepare invoices.
- Assist with audits that pertain to these agencies.
- Assist in review of subcontractor fiscal processes and documentation.
- Communicates anomalies with partners.
- Ensures accuracy of partner invoices.
- Reviews partner budgets compare to invoice.
3. Accounts Receivable
- Handle collection calls, research discrepancies, resolve or refer to correct person for resolution.
- Monitor and submit online contributions.
- Prepare pre-paid and accruals, depreciation and allocation journal entries.
4. Other duties
- Provide support to fiscal team as needed.
- Assist with audits in an effective and timely manner providing a clear audit trail through a
combination of relevant documentation and creation of clear, concise and accurate spreadsheets,
- Assist in the maintenance of the Accounting Policies and Procedures manual.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Invoice for member mileage and member housing.
RECRUITMENT STAFF ACCOUNTANT POSTING 11/15/ 2019 1
- Bank reconciliations ~ enter bank drafts and adjustments, research missing EFT and electronic
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience, plus two years of experience in
accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- Experience with standard general ledger reconciliations required.
- Experience with Financial Edge software highly desirable.
- Experience working with nonprofits is preferred.
- Experience in multi-company accounting preferred.
- Project accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with grant funding preferred.
- Experience with government contract desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Working knowledge of multi-company accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of project accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and accounting software.
- Excellent 10-key skills, and ability to perform arithmetic calculations including percentages, fractions,
averages, and other formulas.
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to maintain record keeping systems in compliance with
- Ability to maintain a professional and confidential work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to read, write, speak and understand
the English language.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and establish and maintain good working
relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to follow directions and seek guidance from manager, when needed.
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks and competing deadlines.
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt easily to change.
- Must pass a criminal background clearance from the Department of Justice.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, a reliable automobile and auto insurance.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
The Child Abuse Prevention Center
Attn: Human Resources
4700 Roseville Road
North Highlands, CA 95660
E-mail: [email protected]
RECRUITMENT STAFF ACCOUNTANT POSTING 11/15/ 2019 2