Position Summary: The Staff Accountant performs general accounting functions including payroll processing and reporting, accounts payable processing, bank deposits, petty cash administration, monthly journal entry posting and account reconciliation.
- Compiles payroll data and processes payroll adjustments as needed including the submission of employee expense reports for reimbursement
- Processes biweekly transfer of payroll data to Paycom and maintains payroll files for each pay period.
- Communicate and resolve payroll system issues with Paycom as required.
- Coordinate processing of employee wage garnishments with Paycom.
- Compiles and maintains accounts payable records.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Distribution of 1099 tax documents.
- Monthly journal entry preparation.
- Account reconciliations.
- Assists in annual financial audit preparation.
- Administer petty cash fund.
- Assists Corporate Financial Officers and agency personnel as necessary.