The role of the Staff Accountant is to support the daily operations of the Accounting Department including financial reporting and analysis, general ledger, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliations and cash management
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare journal entries, bank reconciliations and aging schedules
- Maintain fixed asset system
- Manage accounts payable process
- Accounts Receivable and collections
- Monthly account reconciliations including daily reconciliation of cash
- Assist in preparation of monthly closing and financial reporting & analysis
- Assist in the Purchasing process
- Create and maintain documentation of all Accounting processes and procedures
- Special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent level of experience in Accounting required.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years accounting experience
- Job costing experience helpful
- Warehousing experience helpful
- Good communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills due to the interaction with others in and out of the accounting department.
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Word) required.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.