RAM Hotels – a dynamic, thriving, innovative hotel management company headquartered in Columbus, Georgia. Over the last few years, we have quietly and steadfastly taken our place as a leader in the hospitality industry of corporate America; while serving some of the most well-known midscale hotel brands in key markets throughout the Alabama and Georgia region. We strive to meet our guests demands while continuously changing the perception of the hospitality industry. When you join RAM Hotels, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career, you become part of the RAM Hotels family!
POSITION: Staff Accountant
Do you have experience working with general ledgers, financial statements, accounts payable and accounts receivables? This position would be primarily responsible for the preparation and compiling of the financial information for several hotels in our growing portfolio. Do you enjoy working directly with property level management to ensure accuracy and can analyze information to provide our operations management with sound financial and statistical information? The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing financial reports, assisting with audits and budgeting processes, reconciling accounts, and completing month and year-end closing of the hotels.
- Three to five years of work-related experience; or a combination of education and experience (preferably with Hospitality, Real Estate, and Public Accounting)
- State & Local Lodging, Sales and Consumer tax preparation and filing
- Experience and knowledge of the following: M3 Acknowledge Accounting System or similar; PMS, POS and Accounting Software
- Experience in MS Office, Data Entry and Database Management Systems
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain daily income journal postings between PMS and Accounting Software
- Review, manage, and update Daily Detail Report (income related GL) and its GL Mapping; manage Automated GL Mapping between POS, PMS and Accounting Software
- Assist hotel General Managers with PMS Guest Ledger, City Ledger, and Advance Purchase Ledger
- Manage and update night audit process as needed; manage and record all payroll related GL entries; manage ad record all prepaid, accrued and similar non-cash expense on monthly basis
- Supervise and assist with bank reconciliation cash management entries, and other treasury related items
- Perform Revenue, Sales and Lodging Tax posting related audits at hotels; ensure tax-exempt compliance requirements are met with local and state law at property level
- Prepare, reconcile and submit trail balance in acceptable format to CPA and/or to tax preparer to file returns; post adjustment to accounting software based on CPA filing for each tax year; meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Performed other tasks as necessary or required
Skills and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, interpret information and explain theoretical variables for unique and/or unfamiliar situations
- Must have an aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Must have attention to detail and organization skills
- Must be able to travel to represent the company: 10%
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to stand, sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Willingness to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous accounting experience in Payroll, Hospitality, or Real Estate (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge in the Uniform System of Accounts for Hospitality (preferred)
- Ability to express compassion while remaining composed; ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure
- Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the property; embrace and respect diversity and multi-cultural environments
RAM Hotels hires the best people, we work extremely hard to provide benefits that make work-life balance that much more enjoyable. As a leader in the hospitality industry; we promote advancement opportunities, we offer our employees comprehensive health benefit packages for you and your family, vacation time, quarterly bonuses, and other additional perks being an employee of RAM Hotels.
RAM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.