Mast Global, a wholly owned division of Lbrands, is a high-performance organization that brings together the production and sourcing, logistics, information technology and digital functions for the enterprise. Together, Mast is the engine that powers Lbrands by providing the solutions and capabilities that help to “make, move and enable” our world-renown products and brands: Victoria’s Secret, Pink, and Bath & Body Works. With more than 40 years of experience, Mast Global is known worldwide as a premier supply chain organization with a reputation for innovation, speed, efficiency and quality. Our teams strategically source and develop intimates, apparel, accessories and gifts, home fragrances and personal care products that create an emotional connection and brand loyalty with our customers.
Collaborate and partner with Brand Design and Merchant teams and Mast Global cross functional associates; including Raw Material, Regional TD, Product Development, Product Performance, Production & Sourcing, QA, Vendors and trim/component suppliers, taking responsibility for the technical development of new styles and application of all quality standards relating to fit and construction. Ensure garment consistency across product collections & categories, analyze and communicate risk during development cycle and continuously seek to drive product improvements to ensure best in class fit, comfort and performance with goal of consistently exciting our customers and exceeding wearing expectations.
- Act as a positive, supportive partner, fostering open communication in a cohesive team environment with all business partners, consistently demonstrating our shared values and competencies.
- Serve as a functional expert and Brand Guardian for specific product area.
- Work closely to support Director/Manager, ensuring any business critical/hot topics are raised in a timely manner
- Act as a technical resource and mentor to others with the ability to train and lead a direct report.
- Guide and support Associate and Technical Designers during fit sessions and communication of technical detail.
- Respond quickly to change with a positive attitude and willingness to learn new ways of working and achieving objectives.
- Track and manage workflow and ensure seasonal calendar deadlines are met.
- Advise and support the development of proto samples ensuring clear direction of design aesthetic, fit intent and construction.
- Lead and participate in design, technical and cross-functional meetings. Present technical data and initiatives to cross-functional team and senior leaders, flexing style to audience.
- Lead fit sessions on live model and communicate fit/construction corrections to vendors via written instruction, flat and on body measurements, patterns and digital images.
- Proactively problem solve when issues arise.
- Display control and flexibility in complex, ambiguous or stressful situations.
- Evaluate fit and construction during each stage of the development cycle from concept to regional pass off.
- Partner with design to achieve Design Intent, then clearly pass off to regional TD partners for final fit approval cycle.
- Establish fit and quality standards to ensure consistency across product categories & collections.
- Analyze Wear Test results and make recommendations for product and fit enhancements.
- Identify potential production, quality, and/or costing issues and provide recommendations and solutions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to align on product performance standards as it pertains to brand integrity.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of product development process from concept through production, including patternmaking, construction, costing, manufacturing, testing and materials.
- Identify and proactively engage in competitive analysis.
- Support merchants, design and regional partners by responding to and analyzing customer feedback and making appropriate recommendations.
- Participate and lead new initiatives and projects with enthusiasm, on top of day to day work.
- Technical education in garment fit and construction and pad development to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Intimates patternmaking, construction, fit and grading.
- Extensive knowledge of factory environment, manufacturing techniques and machinery.
- 5-10 years industry experience, with at least 3-4 years of Bra and/or Swim Technical Design.
- Experience using a product development technical specification program (PDM, PLM etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to identify issues and create solutions outside of established parameters and guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong ability to seamlessly flex priorities based on changes in business strategy.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.