TransCore, (TRN) a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Sr. System Administrator to join our team in Germantown, MD. The Systems Administrator is responsible for providing a full range of IT support and technology services for our client’s internal infrastructure. Services include administration, maintenance and implementation of enterprise infrastructure including servers, networks, helpdesk, devices and applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform on-site technical network support.
- Analyzing system logs and identifies potential issues with computer systems.
- Overseeing computer security and anti-virus updates etc.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor all server backups and iron mountain distributions.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- User administration (setup and maintaining account).
- Assists in the planning, design, and implementation of various systems including desktop computers, servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Assists in the migration of application and services to new hardware.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running. Quickly arrange repair for hardware in event of hardware failure.
- Must have hands on experience knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016, VMWare, SAN Storage, Microsoft Exchange Server 20132016, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2016.
- Must have experience building a server from scratch, including hardware installation and OS installation
- Knowledge of working with Microsoft PowerShell would be a plus
- Must have a good understanding of Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- Must have the ability to manage file permissions on a windows server
- Experience in VMWare vSphere and iSCSI SAN maintenance is a must
- Knowledge and experience using KACE or an ITSM (IT Service Management Software).
- Have basic working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and GPO’s
- Must have strong experience supporting Windows in a corporate environment, Mac Desktops would be a plus.
- Should have the ability to provide technical guidance to Helpdesk Technicians
- Must have a basic understanding of networking
- Knowledge of backups in an enterprise is a plus
- Should be able to manage a project from research to implementation Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
Other Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support PCI compliance requirements as they intersect with the responsibilities of this position
- Test the latest releases of all purchased software packages, operating systems, networking equipment, and storage devices are current with the latest software and firmware release.
- Ensure all purchased software packages, operating systems, networking equipment, and storage devices are installed with the latest software and firmware release.
- Help design and implement virtualized solutions using Hyper-V and Windows Failover Cluster
- Complex network architect design and implementation
Required Skills & Experience:
- Administration and configuration of Hyper-V Clusters, Cisco and Palo Alto routers, switches, and firewalls in a corporate network to ensure IT Security standards are met
- Operating Systems/Network Security/Firewall/Infrastructure Security (Remote Access, Physical, PCI)
- Administration and configuration of Microsoft systems such as Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, WSUS,
- Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, FTP
- Backup administration, scheduling and troubleshooting
- Hyper V Sever support and maintenance
Bachelor’s in computer science, or equivalent experience
MCSE / MCSA / VCP / CCNA certifications (or similar) preferred
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)