$100,000 – $120,000 a year
The System Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the Microsoft Azure environment, including infrastructure, OSes, and virtual machines. They will work closely with the Software Development, QA, and DevOps to support, maintain, and improve all technical infrastructure related to business systems continuity.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications
Responsibilities & Duties
- Expertise deploying, securing and managing Windows-based virtual infrastructure and web applications on the AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud computing platforms for development and production
- Monitor performance on all environments (CPU, disk space, etc.) to ensure smooth running of all environments.
- Experience with cloud architecture and design, specifically regarding (but not limited to):
- Building environments for development, testing and production web applications
- Scalable data processing environments
- Environments that require high guaranteed uptime
- Environments that can automatically scale depending upon processing requirements
- Provide technical expertise in the area of security. Specifically, end point, virtualized desktops, servers, networks etc.; with an eye toward emerging threats and the technologies required to combat them. Develop and adhere to administration procedures required for security and reliability.
- Experience in setting up and configuring log aggregation utilities, monitoring network, and system security logs, and assisting infrastructure, development, and security teams identify, analyze, and resolve issues
- Manage firewalls, VPNs, DNS, IP restrictions, and remote access to servers, based on different user roles and access requirements.
- Experience with infrastructure and application management considerations including backup and DR strategies, data security and encryption, resource monitoring, patch management, high availability, load balancing, etc.
- Research into, and implementation of, new Azure tools to improve efficiency, performance, and cost-effectiveness.
- Experience creating automated processes using well-known frameworks, such as PowerShell
- Answering customer requests for information around security, uptime, and infrastructure.
- Availability after hours and/or weekends as required by need
- At least 5 years working in a Systems Administrator role
- At least 3 of those 5 years working in AWS or Azure
- Experience in managing Disaster Recovery systems, policies, and procedures
- Excellent logical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience migrating web-based database applications from physical servers and VMs to Azure PaaS would be an advantage.
- Experience managing SOC II Type 1 and Type 2 compliance highly desirable
- Understanding of email delivery/management services would be an advantage (SendGrid, hMailServer).
- Microsoft training and certification will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Very high attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Systems Administrator: 5 years (Required)