What does a great Billing Specialist do?
The Billing Specialist performs business analysis as it pertains to client data base, researching billing history, posting invoices, preparing and validating billing feeds, performing analysis on client databases to determine data errors and leading the corrections of the data prior to invoicing clients.
The Billing Specialist operates as an internal subject matter expert and resource to others both within and outside the immediate work group for all Card Services billing functions. The billing specialist is responsible for managing new client implementations as well as client renewals, directing the data conversions if required and interacting with the client on all questions concerning invoicing and problem resolution.
The Billing Specialist position is a vital role at Fiserv Output Solutions (FOS) that significantly contributes to its overall business success. The Billing Specialist will play a key role in ensuring that FOS client implementations are successful, standard processes are followed and improved when and where necessary – bettering our processes, tools, methods and resources is a key effort.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Performs a variety of complex bookkeeping duties both manually and electronically.
- Completes work assigned to project teams engaged in solution delivery.
- Prepares and verifies accounting audit reports.
- Acts as liaison with Clients and other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Accepts responsibility for resolving problems escalated by clients.
- Uses strong analytic skills to solve problems and make decisions based on limited precedents or guidelines.
- Provides input for making resource decisions that affect a department and location.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Associate’s Degree preferred and/or 3-5 years’ relevant field experience
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Self-directed and collaborative approach to solution and issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to assess critical situations and act quickly to address them
- SAP experience highly desired
- Solid, demonstrated customer service skills
- Good aptitude with numbers and strong attention to detail
Learn more about us.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role, you will be aligned with our Output Solutions products and services. Fiserv delivers turnkey business critical customer communications accurately, on time and with relevant information essential for customer satisfaction and retention. Fiserv supports financial services, healthcare, billing, retail, utilities, travel and entertainment and other companies. Customer communications and payment solutions include transactional document production and delivery, secure and non-secure card manufacturing and personalization, direct marketing services and digital channel delivery. As a trusted outsourcing partner, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.