- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
- BA or BS in Business, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent technical field
- 4+ years experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, Project management or Industrial Engineering within Distribution, Retail, Manufacturing or Transportation industry
Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) is seeking enthusiastic and high-caliber individuals to drive delivery innovation and performance to the next level. GSF supports the operations and supply chain for Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, 3P / Whole Foods, and other businesses. Along with these core businesses, GSF has future plans for ground-breaking customer offerings to dramatically improve click-to-deliver speeds, product selection, and expansive coverage to create a best-in-class delivery strategy.
As a Sr. Program Manager in the Sortation and Dispatch team, you will be responsible for delivery related Under The Roof Processes for our Grocery Delivery businesses. The PM will support delivery functions for launch of new Fresh buildings, partner on designs, build, improve and roll out new processes to reduce cost and improve quality. Building a robust process in our physical stores to ensure a high quality pick up experience for the delivery partners is critical to the success of the Grocery Delivery programs. The role requires scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating, driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. This PM will manage key metrics related to Delivery quality for Amazon Fresh Stores, roll out a major process change in 2021 and develop the roadmap to further improve quality and reduce cost through network standardization.
In order to accomplish this, the individual must think strategically and make data driven decisions. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, foster collaboration, manage direct reports, and have a consistent track record of delivering results. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with GSF’s strategic objectives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. You should be experienced in working with large number of external stakeholders, operators and dive deep to provide data driven recommendations.
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ideate, design, implement and roll out programs and processes that improve sortation and dispatch processes
- Manage and drive complex projects to improve operations
- Identify operational bottlenecks and drive efficiencies
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives using Lean principles
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- This position requires occasional travel within local areas for supporting, learning and/or various delivery compliance purposes
- MBA or advanced degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other technical field.
- SQL query writing and experience with BI systems
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification or Training
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail, and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Project and Process Management Driven; Understanding of Lean concepts and waste reduction methodologies
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills, including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.