- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is designing, producing, and sustaining the next generation of ballistic missile interceptors as part of the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) solution. A Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) is necessary to deliver timely, reliable, and effective defense for the United States in the face of ever evolving and ever increasing threats to our nation. Northrop Grumman’s fully integrated Interceptor program leverages broad Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) expertise and twenty-plus years of operational GMD GBI Homeland Defense experience. Our NGI solution incorporates low risk, next generation technologies and tailors modern practices within traditional execution to incrementally optimize engineering, manufacturing, and mission performance. Come join Northrop Grumman in this exciting new venture!
Space Systems Sector is seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Architect Engineer located in Huntsville, AL to support the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) program.
Your responsibilities Include:
- Interacting and collaborating with users, Customers, and other developers to perform assessments of NGI systems and networks to identify issues with configurations and conformance to security requirements
- Participation in compliance audits and vulnerability assessments
- Developing program control processes, system security plans, and additional security requirements and safeguards in accordance with company and government standards
- Supporting the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by the government accrediting authority. This includes pre-test preparations, testing, analysis of the test results, and preparation of reports.
- Coordinating with the System Administrator, ISSM, and other personnel to address, resolve, and close out items established in the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAMs)
- Maintaining the configuration management process of the NGI network as prescribed by the ISSM
- Coordination with the System Administrators to maintain the security vulnerability management program as described by the ISSM
- Performing system analysis to validate established security requirements
- Recommending system and process improvements to meet the NGI security objectives and requirements
- Conducting complete review of system’s audits, monitoring corrective actions until all actions are closed
- Support the development of Test Evaluation Reports and conduct of PTABs for 1211 each Cybersecurity Test in which NGI participates.
- 9 years with Bachelor in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Current, active Secret security clearance.
- Experience in maintaining physical and environmental protection, personnel security and incident handling
- Experience in conducting technical and non-technical security audits
- Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 IAM Level II certification (e.g. CISSP, CAP, CISM, GSLC) within 6 months of employment.
- Experience in the administration of Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux (RHEL 7X preferred)
- Working knowledge of NIST/DoD RMF processes (NIST 800-37, 800-53, 800-171, and the CNSS 1253)
- Must be able to travel (approximately 10%)
- Supporting ISSM/ISSO tasks in defense industry or other U.S. government facility
- Cyber threat analysis, vulnerabilities and threat mitigation
- Experience reviewing and developing cyber threat indicators and drafting threat warnings/briefings
- Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software
- Management and maintenance of systems required to satisfy the Certification and Accreditation requirements under the NIST RMF and CSF
- eMASS and RSA Archer
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.