Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Contracts & Pricing team, we are looking for a Senior Pricing & Forecasting Analyst
UCB is seeking a driven individual with analytical experience and critical thinking as a key member of our Contracts & Pricing team. This position will provide critical input and analysis across the Proposal and Contracting Processes.
This position will leverage analytical expertise, data source knowledge, and understanding of pricing and contracting strategy to develop data driven insights of Managed Markets customers and business
As a Senior Pricing & Forecasting Analyst you like to work in an environment where you can:
- Support the clear definition of contract proposals by leveraging internal business insights and market trends to evaluate potential alternative scenarios with Account Executive to arrive at a cohesive and focused proposal
- Develop contract business case development including collaborating with Account Executives, team members, government pricing, price forecasting group, brand marketing analytic teams, and other business partners as necessary
- Conduct evaluation of new and existing business opportunities through scenario modeling and financial analysis, evaluating the impact of various contracting and pricing scenarios related to product rebating, market access and distribution
- Ensure that pricing decisions are supported with accurate, detailed, robust and consistent analyses
- Ensure that all data is accurate and consistent, flagging any inconsistencies
- Consistently and accurately complete, track and monitor proposal development, offer status and reporting
- Provide value-added analytic support as needed, leveraging multiple data sources to support the development of rational strategic and defensible pricing strategy recommendations and to inform decision making
- Understand and utilize all available data sources efficiently and make recommendations for new sources
- Gather and analyze data, identifying appropriate methods of analysis
- Draft, review and deliver to Account Executive for submittal to account Term Sheets consistent with approved proposals
- Review, evaluate and validate the language of the Managed Care contracts, identifying inconsistencies between contract language and approved and offered proposals
As a Senior Pricing & Forecasting Analyst you will contribute by
- Developing and delivering accurate, detailed and consistent financial analysis modeling to ensure appropriate financial assumptions for each account, allowing for flexible scenario analysis
- Designing, preparing and delivering accurate and timely tracking reports that effectively support the on-going internal processes
- Developing, producing and delivering to Account Executive compliant term sheets and portal submissions by the deadline provided by account
- Creating complete and accurate Business Cases and providing to the Assessment Committee no less than one full business day prior to the meeting(s) to allow for review by Committee
- Integrating data and information from various sources to feed business case analysis, reporting, scorecards, etc. as directed by Manager
- Completing accurate Proposal Assessment agenda to be sent out the business day immediately following the due date for Account Executive proposal submission deadline
- Drafting and revising Proposal Assessment meeting notes and distributing to the Proposal Assessment committee members within 24 hours of the Proposal Assessment
- Filing and maintaining completed and signed Business cases within five days of approval
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of proven success in:
- Executing forecast modeling in MS Excel, Tableau, or other analytical tools
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to establish working instructions and SOPs
- Taking initiative to enhance current functions to increase efficiency and create synergies
- Communication of forecasting trends and financial P&L to decision makers while adjusting, as necessary, for varying audiences.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite products including Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to utilize multiple business intelligence platforms (e.g., Cognos, SAP, Qlikview, etc.)
- Understanding of forecasting and the concepts of regression and diffusion curves, as well as the financial complexities of commercial and government pricing to ensure they are properly accounted in the tools and models
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to understand complex concepts, develop analyses from multiple sources and synthesize into clear and concise information that are responsive to business needs
- Tactical critical thinking; including strong conceptual and analytical skills to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and brings analytical rigor to analyses
- Detailed and action-oriented self-starter, with a igh sense of urgency and commitment who drives results & excellence in execution
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently, as applicable, owning assignments a taking accountability for their success
- Communicates professionally and effectively in written and verbal manner with colleagues, Account Executives, department manager and director, as well as other departments within the organization
- Abides by policies and procedures that ensure consistency with the organization’s mission and directives
- Must be able to work in a demanding environment, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments
- Familiarity with various types and sources of health care information, including financial and patient-level data files, preferred
- Pharma experience preferred
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.