TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD".
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for
About This Role
We are looking for someone to oversee and lead a large and or highly-complex and diverse business management functional area of significant risk, complexity or scope. This mandate emphasizes medium- to long-term planning with attention paid to furthering an integrated approach with other business management areas and the broader organization. While setting operational team direction, you’ll also focus on providing thought leadership and serving as a strategic partner to the senior leadership team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Develop, communicate and implement a holistic strategy for own specific business management function that supports the overall business strategy.
- Oversee, lead, manage and plan a diverse set of work activities involving the development and integrated implementation of policies, processes, procedures, changes across multiple functional areas.
- Identify issues and opportunities, understand trends and provide specialized business management advice to senior management and respective teams while raising industry, external and internal, enterprise and business awareness.
- Act as a strategic partner to effectively manage own business management area and clarify scope of accountabilities while influencing and aligning others as needed.
- Ensure an integrated and aggregated view of all related activities across the overall function providing escalations, recommendations, and decision support to leadership.
- Provide functional and business level communications to ensure messages to stakeholders and/or employees are consistent, appropriate and aligned to business strategies and executive management direction.
- Lead relationships with corporate and control functions to ensure alignment with enterprise and regulatory requirements.
- Support team in staying abreast of emerging issues, trends, regulatory requirements and potential impact to TD.
- Identify, assess, mitigate, report on and escalate key issues as required.
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure an in alignment with risk appetite.
- Ensure business operations comply with internal and external requirements (e.g. financial controls, duty segregation, transaction approvals, and physical asset control).
- May lead relevant governance meetings or committees and related deliverables / outcomes representing the business on governance and control issues.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance and development plans.
Other duties as assigned • Driving Requirements: • Travel Requirements:
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Confidence and ability to oversee and lead a large and/or highly complex, and diverse business management function for an area of significant risk, complexity or scope.
- Exceptional ability to facilitate key strategic discussions and provide thought leadership to executive audience (output may include strategic roadmap and/or deliverables, frameworks, short- to long-term goals etc.).
- Commitment to serving as a valued strategic partner to leadership team on portfolio and financial management, with deep industry, external/internal, enterprise knowledge, recognizing and anticipating emerging trends, as well as identifying operational efficiencies and opportunities with other business management and enterprise areas.
- Readiness to focus primarily on longer-range planning for functional area.
- Strength in setting operational team direction and collaborating with others to execute on common goals.
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD's business and technology direction, assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered, set team targets and objectives to deliver amazing results.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Ability to effectively interact with executive leadership and individuals across a complex organization and provide day-to-day support and consulting to CIO and Senior Leadership on any items related to risk
Extensive understanding of the concepts and practices of risk management, processes and related controls.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at [email protected] . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Category – Primary