Would you enjoy knowing your efforts directly impact defending our nation and allies?
Do you enjoy leading a team as much as contributing in one?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD) is searching for an engineer with experience in Harness and Interconnect design to work in Tucson, Arizona. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the entire product life cycle including proposal, design, prototyping, manufacturing, integration and test of various types of harness and interconnects (round wire and/or flex circuits) for multiple missile and/or other aerospace/defense related programs.
Key Responsibilities (essential functions):
- The candidate should have an understanding of the aerospace industry, and have a complete understanding of and ability to apply technical theories in the mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering fields to develop harness and interconnect solutions.
- On new programs, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and deriving system requirements, be responsible for the definition of mechanical outline and construction details, connector selection and specification, mechanical and assembly drawings, oversee electrical layout, perform first order electrical analysis, and ownership of final technical data package.
- Proposal efforts will be responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for finished product.
- The candidate’s contributions are expected to be significant towards the completion of entire projects with limited supervision.
- The position will require interaction with senior personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between functional organizations and physical locations.
- In this position, the candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the entire product life cycle including proposal, design, manufacture, integration and test of electronics and interconnect packaging solutions for multiple missile programs.
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the design and/or manufacturing of any of the following; flex, rigid flex and/or round wire harnesses for military, aerospace or commercial applications (MS with 4 years or Ph.D. with 2 years of experience)
- Experience with any of the following industry specifications: IPC/WHMA-A-620, SAE AS22759, J-STD-001 Mil-PRF-31032, IPC-6013, IPC-2221, or IPC-2223
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: General Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Applied Physics or related field.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Desired Experience, Skills & Education:
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in the design and manufacturing of flex, rigid flex and round wire harnesses for military and aerospace applications
- Familiarity with the Creo Parametric modeling tool and drawing standards
- Ability to work with, and previous experience working with harness and interconnect manufacturers to support program needs and travel periodically to manufacturing facilities
- Strong technical background with high technical aptitude
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Very strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills when working with team members and customers
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Must have a sound understanding of the design and manufacturing processes of harnesses and interconnects
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.