You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We are continually striving to improve the employee experience. Real estate is a critical part of this equation and as the Sr. Manager of Corporate Real Estate, you will play an essential role in supporting this objective. You will be responsible for the full cycle of corporate (non-retail) real estate transaction including lease, sale, and new construction. You will be an integral part of building the strategy to take corporate real estate at Levi’s to the next level. This position will report into the Sr. Director of Corporate Real Estate and Facilitates.
- Support Sr. Director of Global Real Estate in development of strategic portfolio plan that encompasses global workplace and real estate initiatives for non-retail portfolio.
- Drive multi-year planning for assigned portfolio/business units, including strategy, business, financial and operational planning in alignment with global, regional and local business goals.
- Work with regional leaders and stakeholders to ensure they are aligned with and follow strategies, company standards and processes.
- Review existing lease agreements on a periodic basis and provide recommendations for renewal, renegotiation, expansion or other action deemed appropriate to meet current business requirements
- Interface directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepare scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, develop budget and schedule and identify risks.
- Partner with legal on all transactions. Interface with attorneys to review, negotiate, and finalize leases and other real estate documents.
- Partner with and coordinate corporate stakeholder (Risk Management, Corp Tax, Treasury) reviews on real estate projects as needed.
- Work with Real Estate finance to develop comprehensive financial analysis including proformas and net present value calculations on real estate opportunities.
- Manage broker and landlord relationships.
- Coordinate and participate in the negotiation, preparation and execution of various real estate documents including: LOI’s, term sheets, leases, licenses, warranties, work letters, design and construction contracts, RFP’s, build-to-suit agreements and purchase and sale agreements
- Prepare and present Site Evaluation and Site Approval packages inclusive of proformas, demographics, analytics, LOI’s, LOD’s, benchmark data and related financial analysis.
- Project manages all facets of tenant improvement projects including planning, design, construction and closeout to ensure on-time and on budget delivery.
- Coordinate Project Management, I/T, Security and internal/external consultants/partners to develop project build-out scenarios, requirements, schedules and cost estimates.
- Be aware of and continue to invest learning around workplace best practices and trends.
- Partner with Lease Administration to validate key data in the lease database and communicate lease dates to appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Ensure lease compliance and manage essential lease information.
- Support development of real estate reporting tools for leadership, with a clear understanding of the overall real estate portfolio performance on a regular basis.
- Tracks progress of multiple projects against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate
- Experience with transaction management and real estate finance
- Strong capabilities in lease negotiation and alternative deal structures with an ability to interpret both quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with internal clients, partners and peers
- Ability to articulate in a professional manner on real estate matters to architects, general contractors, attorneys, real estate brokers and other third-party consultants
- Review and understand legal contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings
- Has a working knowledge of the due diligence process on acquisitions and dispositions of real property, including environmental process (e.g. Phase I/Phase II reporting, remediation, etc.)
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111