- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a software or hardware environment, with some experience in both
What is Amazon Pay?
Since the beginning, consumers have loved the trust and convenience built into every aspect of the Amazon experience. At Amazon Pay we provides the means to export some aspects of this experience to partners and brands outside of Amazon and to the wider connected commerce landscape.
What is the Senior Manager of Merchant Experience @ Amazon Pay?
Amazon customers love to use Amazon Pay when they see it on external websites and in-stores. For that to happen, we work hard to make it easy for merchants to register, onboard, and grow their business with Amazon Pay. We do that directly through self-service and managed accounts, as well as through partners who provide commerce and payment solutions to our merchants.
As a manager of the team responsible for merchant experience, you will be responsible for defining our merchant experience strategy, identify partners who support that strategy, and deliver delightful products that make it easy for merchants to onboard, integrate, and manage their payment operations. You will also lead the thinking on conceiving and testing tools to help the merchants get better insights with the goal of growing their business with Amazon Pay.
In that task, you will lead a team of talented Product Managers, UX Designers, Technical Writers, and Business Analysts. It is the closest thing to actually leading a start-up, 2-pizza team.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience in Payments, Financial Services, or other B2B fields
- External partner management exeprience
- Direct experience defining products and roadmaps which deliver simple, immersive customer experiences while dealing with underlying complex technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs, and work cross-functionally with engineering, design and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
- Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment