- Prepares loan files for loan submission to underwriting by inputting information into system, completing processing sheets, prioritizing documents in the file, and preparing and mailing all required loan disclosures.
- Provides training and guidance to Processors and new Loan Officers.
- Works independently reviewing and verifying each file to ensure all information is correct and current.
- Orders credit reports, title commitments, surveys, and appraisals from the appropriate party and reviews for acceptability prior to submitting for approval.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and all parties involved in the transaction and communicates with customers if any items are needed for loan submission and keeps them posted on loan status.
- Submits files through automated underwriting for approval and completed loan packages to appropriate underwriter for final approval and validation.
- Prepares approved loans for closing and coordinates closing with lenders, borrowers, and title companies to include the reconciliation of money collected and disbursed and the completion of data on the HMDA screen.
- Attends seminars, attends in-house training sessions, and/or reads mortgage publications to stay abreast of new loan product guidelines and processing procedures which including credit guidelines and underwriting requirements.
- Sends verifications for deposits, employment, installment loans, mortgages and rental, as required and participates in providing loan origination services as needed for customer call-ins.
- Requests additional information from title companies, builders, Realtors and others by phone, fax, or letter when needed and prepares and mails Adverse Action Notices and updates Loan Origination System (LOS).
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalency.
- State Licensing may be required by some states.
- Must have at least three to four (3 – 4) years of mortgage processing experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of FNMA and Freddie MAC guidelines and knowledge of VA and FHA.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of loan processing and closing policies, procedures, documents, underwriting requirements, governmental and agency requirements, terminology and automated processing systems.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of credit policies and approval processes.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to work well with loan officers and customers.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and have excellent time management skills.
- Must have well developed ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of general office equipment.
- Must be able to type at least 60 WPM accurately.
- Must be able to work under sometimes stressful conditions while maintaining professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to lift 10- 20 lbs. of files or other loan documents.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time preparing and processing mortgage loan files.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com . If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.