Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Office of Controller team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Sr Financial Reporting Analyst position!
Prepares internal and external financial statements and financial reports. Participates in monthly accounting processes. Ensures SOX procedures and controls are being complied with and working according to documentation. Performs technical accounting research. Provides guidance and training to lower level staff.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Perform complex accounting and analysis functions.
- Evaluates stock-based compensation awards for accounting treatment and prepares documentation and journal entries.
- Technical accounting research and evaluation and interpretation of accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations.
- Prepares and/or reviews consolidated financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Reviews the work of other financial reporting analysts.
- Prepares internal, external, and regulatory financial reports as related to the financial statements.
- Responds to requests received from management and other departments and represent the department at company meetings.
- Leads or participates on special projects/research within the department.
- Complies with internal controls and actively update SOX 404 procedures.
- May act as a subject matter expert.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated accounting and analysis experience.
- Strong leadership, mentorship, and coaching skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong PC skills (including Excel and Word).
- Certified Public Accountant or candidate.
- Experience with SAP.
- Prior experience in utility industry.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at [email protected] or 425-462-3017.