There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it’s our people. You can play a critical role in the future of our cities and communities with a career at Clark Construction. From monuments and museums, to stadiums, hospitals, universities, highways, hotels and more, Clark has shaped America’s skyline for over a century. Our work leaves a lasting legacy; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of opportunities from management, to finance, to engineering and more, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Clark. Come be a part of our team, today!
Clark is seeking an experienced Sr. Estimator to join Water Group, based in our Sterling, Virginia office, to help grow its backlog of projects nationwide, using all types of delivery methods. This position will include a variety of project types, including water and wastewater treatment plants. This key member of our team will passionately help promote the development of creative, innovative solutions to construction challenges and enjoy the acquisition of winning profitable work.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethical behavior when representing the company.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimate for projects.
- Develop complete and accurate estimates for Divisions 3 (Concrete), 5 (Miscellaneous Metals), 6 (Rough Carpentry), 31 (Earthwork), 32 (Exterior Improvements) and 33 (Utilities) on a variety of project types.
- Perform portions of estimates for multi-discipline projects including scope determinations and accurate quantity survey.
- Supervise and train other estimators in your primary area of expertise.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or vendor quotes and evaluate them for scope and qualifications.
- Lead meetings with subcontractors to develop complete scopes and discuss strategy.
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required on bids.
- Assist in developing a strategy to achieve minority participation requirements.
- Review total estimate to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation.
- Monitor comparison of estimated costs to actual costs.
- Research and promote continuous improvement in developing more efficient estimating methods.
- Examine construction sites and observe unusual or challenging conditions.
- Dedicated to winning work and take pride and ownership of final work product.
- 5 to 10 years heavy civil estimating and cost control related experience (water/wastewater treatment estimating experience preferred).
- Field experience is desirable.
- Estimating experience on public works projects in the Mid-Atlantic and is desirable.
- Demonstrate the ability to either lead or be a part of a team for multiple projects and pursuits at any one given time.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management, or related degree.
- Expert knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software and Agtek.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be detail oriented, technically sound and have good communication skills.
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person’s race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status and any other status or characteristic covered by an applicable federal, state or local EEO law. An employer may not require or demand as a condition of employment, prospective employment or continued employment that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not to exceed $100.