Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Customer & System Projects team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Sr Engineering Specialist position!
Develops solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems requiring an extensive knowledge of the subject and familiarity with related disciplines. Prepares engineering plans, designs, specifications, standards, cost estimates, evaluations, or studies. Exercises considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of an assignment. Typical assignments are broad in scope, and may be composed of interrelated elements within and outside of the employees’ core area of expertise. Supports emergency response operations when needed.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
This position may be subject to random DOT drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Performs complex technical analyses and evaluations with little if any supervision.
- Provides technical guidance to other personnel.
- Ensures compliance with codes, standards, and design, operation, and maintenance requirements.
- Identifies potential areas of weakness with assigned work, and initiate corrective action.
- Interprets and/or modify available guidelines for application to existing problems or processes.
- Prepares cost estimates and project evaluations.
- Ensures that problem solutions are tailored to PSE’s business environment.
- Supports emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
- May function in a technical leadership role as part of a project team.
- Coordinates the work of engineers, engineering assistants, field technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent technical certificate in design or pre-engineering, or 10-14 years of utility experience.
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter within assigned area of focus, and familiarity with related disciplines.
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
- Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling
- Experience working with both internal and external customers on projects.
- Knowledge of engineering economics & analysis.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at [email protected] or 425-462-3017.