The Sr Database Manager is responsible for the administration of the Raiser's Edge database, including maintaining data quality and integrity, developing constituent and financial reports as it relates to the data needs of the Development Department, and oversees gift processing. Accountability includes ensuring the accuracy of constituent and financial data and implementing necessary maintenance upgrades for Blackbaud software applications. The Sr Database Manager will collaborate with Development staff to maximize utilization of RE and uphold and suggest best practices in RE policies and procedures.
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Keeps technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Upgrades hardware and software by assessing transaction processing and database production options.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Accomplishes platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Development and proficiency in Raiser's Edge required.
Education: Bachelor's degree, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Other: Excellent knowledge of Blackbaud software applications including Raiser's Edge, Net Community, Luminate Online and MS Office products required. Intermediate MS Excel skills preferred.