If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center is actively seeking a full-time Sr. Database Analyst to work on the UHealth campus. The Sr. Database Analyst analyzes data from various databases and develops scheduling and utilization reports, as well as various related reporting tools, such as dashboards and balanced scorecards. This position also leads projects and serves as a liaison to various internal units, teams, and committees, and external vendors.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads the design, development, implementation, and support of database systems through the utilization of industry-current database tools and technologies.
- Ensures the proper definition, control, and coordination of data elements and standards, and the facilitation of efficient data relationships, systems integration, and physical structure.
- Participates in the development and implementation of database management policies and standards for efficient quality control and data administration.
- Designs and operates client-server database performance monitoring software and utilizes hardware, software, and manual procedures to verify the integrity of database systems.
- Ensures the efficient implementation and modification of database systems. 6. Develops and carries out project plans, including schedules and budgets.
- Reports variances from project plans and budgets with suggested corrective actions.
- Leads in the creation and maintenance of data dictionaries to improve organizational data integrity and facilitate user access to data.
- Develops and administers policies and controls for data security and integrity, including procedures for recovery and backup.
- Provides protection against unauthorized access and supports security and confidentiality requirements.
- Serves as lead technical resource to user community and other divisions in the areas of database design, development, and administration.
- Maintains knowledge of current products, database management and programming techniques and related information systems technology.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.