Senior – AWS Engineer
Location: San Bruno, CA
We’re Kuna (https://www.getkuna.com ), a San Francisco Bay Area startup, and we’re building an intelligent, cloud-connected home automation platform. Our current products, smart lights and video doorbells, not only detect visitors at the door and alert the homeowner on their mobile phones, but also prevent break-ins before they happen, and will soon quantify and detect anomalous behavior across a neighborhood, in real-time. The dual-camera doorbell guards packages and deliveries. Our next products will enhance these features for specific markets, both residential and commercial.
After a stint in YCombinator, the world’s most prestigious startup incubator, and a successful crowdfunding campaign, we’re growing and we’re growing fast. We’re building out our engineering team and laying the groundwork for our next generation of products.
You’ll be working with an incredibly talented team of engineers who’ve built some amazing things. You’ll also be working with some pretty savvy business folks who’ve founded successful companies. Ask us about drones, Mars rovers, Emmy Awards, and making the Super Bowl broadcast possible. We have a lot to offer, and we’re willing to bet you do too.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer. You’re interested in the technical challenges of implementing a high availability hub for our product offerings. You’re collaborative and insightful, proactively taking on new and unexpected problems as they arise and unafraid to jump in when needed. You’re excited about seeing your work implemented sooner than later, with the knowledge that it’s directly impacting our users around the globe.
Our Software Stack
- Python AWS Lambda/Serverless
- AWS IoT, AWS DynamoDB, Cloudformation, Terraform
- C++ on ARM Linux firmware
- Android Kotlin
- iOS Swift
Security products using AI for residential and commercial markets.
Team size/structure – Our team is currently about 20 engineers, globally distributed, and the structure is flat. The company is roughly 30 people.
What You'll Do
- Design and build solutions on AWS using Lambda, AWS IoT, and DynamoDB
- Create and maintain real-time web applications using React
- Define architectural, cloud, and software engineering standards and conventions with best practices in mind
- Practice Agile/Scrum process
Job Requirements/ Key skills:
- 7+ years of full-stack development experience
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- High attention to detail
- Extensive experience with Python, NoSQL.
- Best-practices knowledge of AWS with ability to define and coordinate DevOps
- Experience with web technology like React.
- Familiarity with software development best practices such as unit testing, version control (we use Git), code reviews, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills
- We might be the right choice for a candidate who
- Wants to work in a small, non-hierarchical environment
- Values excellence in engineering and wants to grow technically
- Wants to see work directly and quickly impact customers and product
- Values intellectual freedom in solving problems
- Likes the dynamism and excitement of being in a start-up
- Flexible to use technologies of choice
Professional and incredibly talented team of engineers
Remote work. We let the employees keep whatever schedule that works well for them.
Flexible schedule for annual vacation leave
Candidates with demonstrated technical strength in interview above, will take on a small project, working with one of us to solve a specific problem. We pay for the candidate’s time at this stage. The duration depends on the candidate’s availability – we are flexible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $135,000.00 – $160,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Python: 7 years (Required)
- AWS: 7 years (Required)
- full stack: 7 years (Required)
- React: 3 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place