The purpose of this position is to assist Associate Director Project Management in providing support to Vaccine Research & Development Assay Specific Project Management Portfolio. A typical project would involve, assisting the Associate Director Project Management in project team meetings with the lead scientist(s) and other team members, discussing timelines, assisting in the development of a project plan which would include all aspects necessary for getting the project team compliant and ready for testing. All work is to be done following applicable compliance guidelines (cGLP, SOP guidelines), laboratory safety practices and good documentation practices.
In order of importance, list the primary responsibilities critical to the performance of the position. It is recommended not to list actual tasks but focus on essential responsibilities that highlight accountability and level of judgment required.
Assisting the Associate Director project management, the incumbent may:
- Determine project goals and priorities
- Identify project requirements and appropriate resources needed
- Assemble project team; define individual roles and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a meeting charter which includes; project purpose, objectives, strategy, scope, deliverables, team tools, and communication plan
- Develop a project timeline with the team to ensure assigned project (s) meet key objectives/deliverables within project scope, and timing. Leading the team to understand the critical path and organize the work into manageable activity clusters and determine an effective approach to completing the work
- Lead project meetings and write agendas/minutes, to ensure clear actions are committed and documented enabling timeline achievement
- Proactively navigate the project to identify risk and prepare appropriate mitigation options with the team
- Prepare program specific graphic display to represent project(s) progress to communicate progress to the program team
- Prepare multiple cross project updates as requested in various timeline, data, manipulating software (MSProject, MSExcel, MSPowerpoint, etc..)
- Satisfactorily completes all required SOPs, cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency as required
Provide the primary groups or key positions that this position will have interaction with as a regular part of the position responsibilities. Include any external interactions as appropriate.
- Coordinate various support activities that would involve Business Technology (BT), Quality Assurance (QA), High Throughput Clinical Testing (HTCT), Clinical & Diagnostic Assay Development (CDAD), Drug Safety Research and Development (DSRD), Documentation and BioStatistics as necessary.
- Work in collaboration with VDM program directors and managers
- Participate in extended project relevant teams/sub-teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Indicate the formal education, certification or license required and/or preferred. Include the minimum number of years of relevant experience required for the position (where legally permissible).
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years relevant experience, or a Master’s degree and 2 years relevant experience
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience leading projects in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and approaches
- Project management certification [e.g. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)]
- Experience working in the research and development of pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge or practical experience in the Vaccines Operations Model is a plus.
- Knowledge or practical experience in the development, qualification and validation of assays.
- The incumbent will be trained on required Policies, Practices, and Procedures needed to support their work responsibilities. GLP compliance.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Indicate the technical skills required and/or preferred, as applicable.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Excel, Word, outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong Analytical, customer service, presentation, negotiation, oral/written and follow-up skills are essential.
- Experience with relevant project management tools (e.g. MS Project)
- Must be results-oriented and have the ability to work with many different personalities and cross-functional environment. Remain calm and productive in a high pressure environment
- Possess solid analytical, leadership, organizational and communication skills and capacity for identifying business requirements
- High level of self-motivation and ability to thrive in a goal and team oriented setting
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 1,, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.