Application Engineers design building automation controls for HVAC, Lighting and Access control systems using the Delta Controls product. Controls will be applied to a variety of HVAC systems including chillers, boilers, air handling units, heat recovery and terminal units. Your designs will be integral to the success of projects achieving the LEED level targeted. We have very strong internal processes to support you as you learn about our products as well as how to design building automation systems. You will also be a technical resource for our Account Managers, Project Managers, and Field Technicians. As an Application Engineer you will support our Account Managers by providing construction estimates and proposal writing.
We solely exist to improve lives through empowerment. Our success and focus is around enabling our customers to become self-sustaining through extensive training and unique, passionate partnerships.
If you like a collaborative team environment, security and stability, and are focused on quality, we want to see your resume.
Responsibilities of an Application Engineer/Estimator include:
- Designing HVAC temperature control systems
- Designing lighting and access controls systems
- Cost estimating of pneumatic, electric and electronic temperature control systems for commercial, industrial and institutional HVAC systems
- Design/build budgeting
- Energy conservation analysis
- Equipment knowledge of our Delta product line including BACnet protocols and associated controls devices
- Industry knowledge
- Technical resource for internal and external customers
- Management of personal workload to meet deadlines
- Communication of workload and encumbrances to Engineering Department Manager
Desired Qualifications include:
- BS in mechanical engineering strongly encouraged, and/or 5+ years experience in building control systems or equivalent HVAC knowledge
- Working knowledge of DDC, electric and pneumatic control systems
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Willingness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- LEED GA/AP
- PE and association with ASHRAE
Extensive product training will be provided and required.
About Setpoint Systems Corporation:
Setpoint Systems Corporation is a cutting-edge systems integrator occupying a unique space between two of the most exciting trends in building automation and control. Setpoint Systems, established in 1983, is considered one of the largest independent systems integrators in the western United States. If you are interested in working in a challenging environment on a technology that has the potential to change the way companies operate and control their facilities, then we’d love to hear from you. Setpoint Systems is growing a world-class team and represents one of the hottest opportunities in the technology sector today. Come join us in advancing the way building owners and operators will control and monitor their facilities in the future!
We offer comprehensive product training, excellent compensation based on experience, a complete health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits package, including 401(k) contribution matching, cafeteria plan, and generous paid time off.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V