Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding mission: “Patients First.” With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,300 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Abiomed is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Market Intelligence & Data Analytics Analyst to collaborate with internal stakeholders and advance the market and clinical analytics maturity across the enterprise. You’ll help us create and deliver insights that advance our “patients first” culture and competitive position in the market and can shape and develop a team dedicated to examining market insights, competitive landscape and clinical outcomes. This team will serve as the company’s analytic center of excellence, translating data into high-value, actionable insights for senior leadership and business partners, developing and refining new analyses in response to market needs, and bringing expertise on emerging trends in data analytics and predictive modeling.
The ideal candidate has not only hands-on experience analyzing large-scale data sets but also demonstrated examples of translating data analyses into insights that drive transformational business outcomes. You’ll collaborate with a team of dedicated analysts and partner with business stakeholders to evaluate market and clinical questions, design and implement analytical solutions and deliver actionable insights relating to clinical outcomes, market transformations, customer acquisition & retention, marketing efficacy and other related topics.
- Establish and implement a strategy for gathering/managing data requirements and disseminating performance metrics & analytics across Abiomed
- Partner with business stakeholders on projects to develop methodologies, reports and dashboards that provide business insight into leading indicators and provide recommendations that improve operations & enhance business decision making
- Collaborate with Marketing, Clinical, Product owners and Market Analytics team through complex statistical models and quantitative analyses. Guides team on processes for selecting methods and techniques. Leads analyses and modeling when needed.
- Drive project milestones to completion. Build partnerships, define accountability, and lead the activities which operationalize key findings.
- Create reports and visualizations to fulfill requests from clinicians, researchers, and administrators using a variety of database and analytic technologies.
- Develop tools, tests, and dashboard to enable implementation of insights. Supports testing, training, and development of new marketing initiatives.
- Recommend, design and operationalize predictive & prescriptive analytic solutions in conjunction with team members
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making and business planning
- Create and deliver impactful presentations for mid-level and senior-level audiences
- Model database needs based on project requirements and maintain data dictionaries and documentation associated with these data models.
- BS in a quantitative discipline (statistics, data science, mathematics, engineering, bio statistics, medical research statistics, etc)
- 5 – 7 years of work experience in database administration, data analytics or directly related field, ideally with clinical & marketing data
- Expertise using visualization tools (e.g., Domo, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, MSPower BI) in data analysis
- Proficiency with SQL, R, Python (or statistical modeling) and/or SAS/SPSS
- Solid understanding of data structures and transformations
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques (e.g., financial & predictive modeling, regression analysis and ROI measurement)
- MS in a quantitative field
- Experience in data quality processes
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com, ERP, CRM & HCM technologies preferred
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.