Who We Are
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home décor and other personalized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
Reporting to the CFO, the Sr. Accounting Manager will be the senior member of the finance team in our San Diego offices. Provide leadership and coordination of company accounting and financial reporting functions including all responsibilities surrounding period close and generation of internal and external company reports. Ensure all company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and maintain company’s system of internal controls. Also lead all corporate financial planning and budgeting functions. Manage all corporate tax compliance and strategic initiatives, ensuring optimal outcomes for all business decisions.
What You’ll do
· Manage company’s monthly, quarterly and annual close process including annual audit and half-year review by independent auditors.
· Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions
· Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, and operations.
· Provide service leadership on behalf of Accounting Department to all departments, creating a well-respected image and a positive culture where others in the company seek advice and counsel.
· Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, budgeting, and planning, etc. when necessary,
· Train, supervise, and evaluate accounting department staff
· Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
What You Should Have
· Must be a mature individual who possess strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) along with strong general knowledge of finance, budgeting/forecasting and cost accounting areas are required.
· Knowledge of automated financial and accounting systems (JD Edwards).
· Strong MS Excel is a MUST.
· Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis is a plus.
· Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials, reports and information within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several other projects/duties.
· Strong working knowledge of cost accounting, outside process and inventory management is a plus.
· B.S. Degree in Accounting. MBA or CPA license is a plus.
· Five to ten years of experience in a senior level finance or accounting position.
How To Apply
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Sr. Accounting Manager role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter. Be sure to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.
Trust us – this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves to learn and grow in their career. There is no relocation assistance available for this position, so local candidates only.
We look forward to hearing from you!
PlanetArt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Finance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off