Akima Global Technology (AGT) is a technology solutions, program management and support company that collaborates with technology partners and the federal government to deliver IT, management, staffing, recruiting, contracting and logistics services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Manage SQL Server databases
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Provide suggestions for solutions
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Active Secret clearance
- IAT level II certification or ability to obtain one within the first 4 months of employment
- 2+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Experience developing and maintaining SSIS packages
- Experience analyzing datasets and normalizing databases
- Experience working with code first migrations
- Experience working with temporal tables
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at [email protected]
or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.