Shelter in Place Rate of pay is $66,560
This position is Health benefits eligible!
The simple act of caring is heroic.
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that also offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and place value on high quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent.
The Surge Chef De Cuisine position is a temporary Full-Time position reporting to the Director of Dining Services. The position will be available during the shelter-in-place order and for a short period of time thereafter. Temporary staff will have the opportunity to fill our open regular, full-time and part-time positions.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food
- Monitors, and may assist in, preparation of meals in accordance with planned menus. Makes sure substitution to menus is authorized
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates assigned staff. Oversees the daily operation of food preparation in the kitchen.
- With direction from the Executive Chef, assures that the kitchen is maintained in a clean and safe manner, and that a sufficient number of food service personnel are on duty at all times.
- Informs Executive Chef regarding needs, services, activities and programs of the Kitchen.
- Inspects special diet trays to assure they are correct.
- Assists in planning normal and special diet menus as prescribed by the attending Dietitian. Assures that food is available for preparation by cooks.
- Coordinates Kitchen Services with other departments as necessary.
- Assures that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assists in developing methods for determining quality and quantity of food served.
- Assumes the authority, responsibility, and accountability of Chef d’ Cusine.
- Assures that menus are maintained and filed in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Attends department staff meetings as directed.
- Meets with Dining Services personnel, as necessary to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of services.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments within the facility, to assure that food services can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Delegates authority, responsibility, and accountability to other responsible Kitchen personnel.
- Assures that department personnel, residents, visitors, etc., follow established Dining Services policies.
- Assists in establishing food service production lines, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Assures that food storage areas are clean and properly arranged at all times.
- Ensures that all equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Assumes responsibility of the department in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certification or graduate from recognized culinary institution.
- Extensive knowledge of menu/food preparation and food combinations, verifiable experience in food service for a large group and the ability to work with personnel in the Dining Services Department.
- Knowledge of Department of Health regulations, OSHA and other public regulatory agencies a plus.
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health benefits with no deductible, new federal emergency paid sick leave and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being – available to temporary hires
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan – available to temporary hires
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement – $1,500 per yea