The newly developed Village Kitchen restaurant at Hartness in Greenville, South Carolina is actively searching for creative, fast-paced, and professional culinary staff to join their opening team, including Sous Chef, Lead Cooks, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Dishwashers/Stewards.
Both part and full time positions available, flexible scheduling, starting March 2021! We will be collecting and reviewing resumes on an ongoing basis. *All candidates will receive a receipt of application, but candidates may not be directly contacted immediately based on the opening date of April 2021.
Hartness, the Greenville area’s most exciting and architecturally stunning traditional neighborhood development, will be home to a new 75,000 square foot boutique hotel. The new development, managed by Hay Creek Hotels, features 73 luxury suites, meeting and event space, waterside restaurant, contemporary café, and a world-class luxury spa.
Guest rooms will be well appointed with a fresh and modern motif, offering several different suite configurations designed to appeal to a wide variety of audiences. The hotel will also include two levels of indoor and outdoor meeting and conference space options, featuring large ballroom that can host up to 300 guests.
Just a short walk from the main hotel is the hotel’s restaurant, “Patterson”, named to honor a branch of the Hartness family tree. With a wrap-around porch and window walls, diners will enjoy waterside dining next to the tranquil and serene pond setting. The heart of the restaurant will be an exposition kitchen that will prepare a variety of locally and regionally inspired menu items.
In addition to Patterson, the hotel will offer a full-service café, Village Kitchen. With something for everyone, from a latte and avocado toast to go, to a lady’s lunch turned happy hour, Village Kitchen offers a southern, wood-fired inspired menu with the convenience of casual dine in or take-out three meal periods a day.
The hotel will also feature a luxurious spa designed and managed by WTS International. With six treatment rooms and a comprehensive menu of unique and creative treatments, the spa will truly be something never offered before in the Greenville area.
Village Kitchen is slated to open February 2021, while the Hartness Hotel and Patterson will follow in 2022. Follow @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for upcoming opportunities on the project.
Cook Job Summary:
- Learn and remain familiar with menu items and assume responsibility for all food rotation and proper timing of foods.
- Work closely with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure that all items needed are in stock for the menu.
- Coordinate with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef for food preparation, presentation and proper service procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, kitchen area, and walk in cooler/freezer.
- Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary.
- Prepare food of consistent quality by following recipe and production/portion standards, per check from servers.
- Practice conscious knowledge of food allergies and all safety procedures.
- Operate, maintain, and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, waffle iron and flat top grill.
Dishwasher Job Summary:
- Sorts, washes, and puts away all dishes, pots, pans, trays, silver, and utensils. Utilizes an automatic dishwasher and / or a 3-compartment sink as necessary.
- Stocks, stores, and keeps assigned areas organized according to established procedures. Stocks purchase order items as they arrive.
- Keeps dish room, walk-in refrigerator/freezer, glassware, flatware and porcelain storage areas, and food storage areas neat, clean, and organized.
- Assists with food preparation as directed when other duties do not require attention.
- Follows all health and safety practices and procedures as outlined by the company.
- Empties garbage cans, sweeps and mops, and performs other closing duties.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program – 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
We are an E-Verify Employer;
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS at 888-897-7781.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of recent Culinary experience in a high volume, full service restaurant.
- Excellent Knife skills.
- Must continuously demonstrate a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and other high-volume days and times (i.e. town festivals).
- May be subject to a successful completion of background check
From: Hay Creek Hotels