Summary: The CSO’s Sound Discoveries school residency program brings music integration to the students of Hays-Porter Elementary through regular, weekly classes during the school year. The Sound Discoveries intern will support the Sound Discoveries Teaching Artist in the classroom by assisting with classroom management, transitioning students before and after class, and implementing lesson plans and class work.
Schedule/Commitment: 2-4 hours of classroom support time/week. Required Thursdays from 8:30 am – 10:30 am intended to begin November 2018 and end May 2018.
- Assist Teaching Artist with transitioning students before and after class.
- Support Teaching Artist in implementing activities, lessons and projects in the classroom.
- Reinforce Teaching Artist and school classroom expectations for behavior, participation and engagement.
- Other duties supporting Sound Discoveries such as materials prep or handling.
- Current college student in Music Education or related field.
- Please note this position will require a background check.
- Regular weekly activity will take place at Hays Porter Elementary School, 1030 Cutter St., Cincinnati OH 45203.
A Commitment we value
Music teaches us it is precisely in the harmonious blending of different notes, different pitches, different dynamics, different instruments, different musicians, and different voices, that we find comfort, satisfaction, and joy. We celebrate and practice these truths in music, in community and in our daily lives.
The CSO’s commitment to diversity and inclusion reflects its firm belief that diversity and inclusion are good and essential, and in our best interest. By standing together and working together in our differences, we can achieve more. We encourage minority and female candidates to apply.
Interested applicants should contact Becky Spiewak, Education Programs Manager at [email protected]