Mirantis is the fastest way to modern apps, providing containers-as-a-service at enterprise scale. The company uses a unique as-a-service model to deliver Kubernetes and related open source software, empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public cloud to hybrid cloud to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Splunk, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is adding a Solutions Architect to our team! The Solutions Architect for Customer Success initiatives provides the opportunity to change the world of software development for one of the fastest-growing application platforms in the industry.
By applying your architecture experience in a Mirantis Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes environment, you will support and enable successful adoption of the Mirantis Kubernetes Engine, working directly with our top enterprise customers and partners. You will work collaboratively with our Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Mirantis. This position provides technical guidance and support through the entire sales cycle.
- Work onsite with strategic, enterprise class customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish “trusted advisor status”
- Lead proof of concept and pilot implementations of the platform within key customer accounts
- Present platform strategy, concepts, and roadmap to technical leaders with the customer’s organization
- Develop best practices and guidance for containerizing various application platforms
- Serve as customer advocate to other Mirantis teams including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing
- Help enable partners to develop service delivery skills through mentorship, training, engagement shadowing etc.
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience required
- 8+ years of consultative customer-facing architecture and post-sales experience
- Experience with container orchestrators (Kubernetes or Swarm)
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools
- Hands-on experience deploying to private and public cloud infrastructure (VMware, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Understanding of key DevOps concepts and tools (automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment (CICD), configuration management, serverless architecture)
- Experience with key web, networking, storage, security protocols (HTTP(S), TCP/IP, DNS, SSL/TLS, AD/LDAP, NFS, SAN, NAS..etc)
- Strong understanding of enterprise application architecture best practices with relevant experience building, deploying and/or maintaining business critical apps
- Hands-on experience with scripting & automation languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python)
- Hands-on development experience with one or more of the following: Java, C#, Ruby, nodeJS, Go
- Presentation skills with high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.