Solution Architect, PromoteIQ
PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
PromoteIQ embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship – and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in Aug, 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
Who We’re Looking For
PromoteIQ is seeking an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated Solution Architect to join our Technical Services team. As a Solutions Architect, you should possess excellent technical, communication and organizational skills.
The Solutions Architect will work with sales, product management, and engineering to ensure the successful design and implementation of PromoteIQ solutions to support client organizations. You will design solutions to challenging technical problems to enable and grow customer programs. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver who is able to translate complex business and technical requirements into scalable, maintainable solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of PromoteIQ platform architecture, capabilities, and implementation patterns
- Engage with customers to understand business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of PromoteIQ
- Engage in technical discussions and solution sessions with senior level technology and business decision makers; Identify key system architecture components, design and deliver secure, high-performing implementation architecture; Propose and help clients build solutions that unblock deployments
- Deliver customized pre-sales technical presentation and product demonstrations to customers
- Own RFP responses and SOWs that drive new opportunities
- Act as technical SME to account and integrations teams; Provide expert field feedback to product management, surfacing product issues, feature requests, and competitive landscape insights
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of PromoteIQ standards, methodology, and process; Create documentation and develop best practices to help customers get the most out of using the system
- Engage with client infrastructure, security and compliance officers to plan and support PromoteIQ’s adherence to SLA and regulatory requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time
- Troubleshoot customer technical issues in real time
- 7+ years of experience of experience as a solutions architect, software engineer, technical consultant, partner/sales/solutions engineer
- Experience communicating to executive technical and business audiences; Proven track record facilitating customer design sessions for complex application solution architectures
- Experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective SOWs that clearly set expectations and limit risk
- Demonstrated consulting skills and an ability to present complex development topics to both business executives and technical personnel
- Experience in a professional services organization strongly preferred
- Strong desire to make a difference in a small team
- Experience in online advertising industry; Knowledge of online advertising models (CPM, CPC, etc.) and ad operations
- Experience in API development or support, SAAS experience
- Experience with high performance server technology and large volume data analytics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.