Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are open to any location for this position
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying new trends and disruptive technologies, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs by creating application services that help the world’s leading organizations deliver their critical apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
Does the accelerating pace of application development and deployment interest you? Do you compare/contrast the pace of innovation and cutting-edge engineering techniques across industries?
The F5 Office of the CTO seeks a Solution Architect to join our team of forward- thinking specialists to turn real customer requirements into solution designs that can be delivered by F5 together with key technology partners. This position is a field-based position reporting into the Office of the CTO covering customers from one of our major theaters of operations: North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), or Asia Pacific and Japan (APCJ).
We are interested in meeting you to learn how your experience and passion for building more complete and automated solutions for customers aligns to our technical strategy for F5.
Ideally, you will be equally comfortable and effective engaging internal audiences and external audiences as a strategic listener and advisor. You are a coach/teacher who is hands on and collaborative. You are empathetic and approachable with thoughtful, convicted positions.
- Understand, collect and synthesize solution requirements from customers in your assigned theater of operations.
- Produce solution design proposals to simplify, automate, and complete key operational flows involving F5 products and 3rd party systems.
- Collaborate with internal and 3rd party engineering teams to produce, evaluate, and iteratively improve solutions.
- Identify and research new and emerging technologies, companies and open source projects relevant to F5’s vision of Every Application, Anywhere.
- Evaluate targeted technologies for business, economic and technical applicability to multi-cloud architectures that F5 may adopt.
- Develop strong, clear opinions about desirable market opportunity for F5 and large-scale distributed system design patterns to employ.
- Consult with F5 internal business and engineering groups making architectural choices for future product and services offerings.
- Interact with a range of external audiences to listen/learn as well as to evangelize/influence, increase F5 thought leadership, credibility, and elicit adoption of F5 offers.
- Bring industry standard methodologies and help navigate changing technologies and upcoming trends.
- Works closely with architectural and development teams to ensure hardware, software and product architectures are developed in line with the vision and future direction of the product lines and company.
- Partner with management on driving product timelines. Participates on design projects, serving as a consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research/advancement.
- Generate and promote new theories, concepts, principles and methodologies within a specialty area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Travel: Domestic and International up to 30%
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Financial Services experience across one or more major sub-segments such as retail banking and loan, fund management, brokerage and trading, or insurance.
- Direct exposure to approaches and best practices for fleet scale operations for application and network services within financial services environments.
- Highly strategic and analytical thinking.
- Ability to understand and educate others on the economic pros and cons of various technical design options.
- Ability to identify advantages and disadvantages of any programming model, framework, language when applied to a specific end user scenario, business problem or technical design.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply.
- Natural inclination to explore, prototype, and self-teach.
- Serve as a world-class role model for others demonstrating the F5 behaviors – Click here to view F5’s Culture and Behaviors: We are Owners. We choose Speed. We create a more diverse & inclusive F5. We obsess over customer needs. We help each other thrive.
- Leadership Skills: Create clarity and alignment. Find and shape brilliance. Boldly raise the bar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus a minimum of 7 years of related work experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degrees and/or experience is a plus.
F5 networks is an equal opportunity employer and we embrace diversity. Our success isn’t driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live, every single day. And it’s producing extraordinary results—not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we’re committed to a culture that supports your whole life. We offer work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and so much more. At F5, we truly do help each other thrive and it shows: F5 has been named one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” by Fortune magazine for the past two years in a row.
And this commitment to living our culture doesn’t just exist within our offices; it extends into our communities through Global Good initiatives such as employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation. Our employees are passionate about making a difference in the world.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.