ROLE: Software QA Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
WORKING HOURS: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The main purpose of this role within the company is ensure a high-quality, bug-free user experience for both external, client facing systems (web-apps) and internal, business line used systems (win-apps). The right candidate will adhere to best practices for writing automation scripts, creating test plans, reviewing and completing requirements documents, developing and executing manual and automated test cases. We expect the QA Analyst to be equally comfortable communicating the testing results to the business owners and the development team. We are looking for a motivated candidate who likes working in a fast-past environment that looks to maximize our Agile Scrum methodology by implemented inline QA testing. We are looking for someone who can bring in new methodologies and techniques, and who is eager to share them with a full team of QA Analysts.
SOFTWARE QA ANALYST ROLE OVERVIEW
- Develop, maintain, and execute automation scripts and manual test cases.
- Plan, schedule, and test software to ensure products meets the requirements and functionality required by users.
- Automate and expand regression test suite to include recently released features that have already been approved through manual testing effort.
- Work closely with our development and project management teams in completing projects and requirements that will introduce new features and new functionality to all our applications.
- Report, track, and monitor defects in our internal defect tracking system.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Must have at least 3 years of recent professional Software QA Automation and Manual experience.
- Automated testing experience with Selenium Webdriver or similar tool is required.
- Strong experience with QA testing both windows and web based applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of database schemas and working knowledge of SQL
- Experienced with various testing types and techniques: Black box, Functional, Regression, Smoke, Cross browser, Performance, Load.
- Solid understanding of automation techniques and technologies
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to closely interface with business units as well as development teams.
- Must have knowledge of IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers, others are a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, and test to break attitude.
- Must be versed in Windows OS Systems, and MS Office Applications (Excel, Word)
- Experienced with SDLC process and the role of QA in it.
- Must be able to well individually as well as with a team.
- Experience working in Finance industry (Plus)
- Knowledge of Performance and Load testing tools like Neoload, Jmeter (Plus)
WHO WE ARE
GlobeTax is the leading provider of withholding tax recovery solutions for financial institutions and their clients worldwide. We pride ourselves on cultivating subject matter expertise, pioneering innovative solutions, and maintaining industry leadership to achieve our vision that “No Investor Overpays Withholding Tax.”
- All new hires are provided with rigorous training that offers a comprehensive view of the services industry, GlobeTax’s product offerings, and division of departmental responsibility. After onboarding, employees are offered frequent opportunities for training and education to foster continued career growth and development.
- In our recent Employee Satisfaction Survey, employees reported “Company Culture” as their favorite part of life at GlobeTax. Past events include a reception atop the World Trade Center, Mets, Yankees, and Rangers games, bowling night, comedy shows, trivia, and more.
- During our “GlobeTax Gives Back” week, employees volunteer during work hours at a charity of their choice. Philanthropic opportunities are also organized on a quarterly basis.
- GlobeTax promotes health and wellness by hosting weekly workout classes, sponsoring intramural sports teams (soccer, kickball, and volleyball), organizing an annual Wellness Week, offering an annual company softball tournament, and more.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- GlobeTax is proud to offer a comprehensive Benefits Program, including medical, dental, vision, a 401k with company match, commuter savings, paid days off, sick days, corporate gym memberships, and more.
The role requires sitting for extended periods of time and the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities include close vision for data entry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities can perform essential functions. GlobeTax is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.