Software Engineer III
IT, Telecom & Internet
United States of America
J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position is responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position documents programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications’ layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position applies some advanced programming techniques and concepts during the solution design and development.
- Helps lead development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience.
- Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members.
- Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated README.
- Helps lead team members in execution and release of builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
- Help lead analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts. Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 4 years of experience in Software Development or Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as: Java (J2EE), Java Script, Webservices (SOAP or REST), Spring, Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, C#, Python, HTML, Angular JS/Angular 2, EXT JS, Android, or iOS.
- Preferred experience in .Net Core
- Preferred experience with Kubernetes, web development, Azure Cosmos, or API Design
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)
Engineering, Software Development
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – International Association For Six Sigma Certification, LLC (IASSC)
Job Opening ID:
00366341 Software Engineer III (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”