Security Clearance: DOD Interim Secret as a minimum
Experience: A total of at least 3-5 years of experience as a Cloud Engineer
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for a Cloud Engineer supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
JOB DUTIES –
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Cloud Engineer technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Mid to senior level Cloud Engineer experience
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSD Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, etc. strongly preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Strong experience with IPSEC/VPN, and other secure transport technologies as well as BGP
- Proven experience migrating on-premise applications to the cloud
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Terraform, Python, Powershell, Bash, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of code repositories tools such as Git preferred
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) – preferred
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline experience such as Jenkins, Travis CI, AWS CodeDeploy – preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- automating routine administrative tasks: 1 year (Required)
- migrating on-premise applications to the cloud: 1 year (Required)
- effectively managing multiple large-scale projects: 1 year (Required)
- using automation concepts/tools/scripting languages: 1 year (Required)
- IPSEC/VPN and other secure transport technologies & BGP: 1 year (Required)
- Cloud Software Engineer relevant: 3 years (Required)
- using code repositories tools such as Git: 1 year (Required)
- using DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM): 1 year (Required)
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Computing Certification (CE) (see job description) (Required)
- CompTIA Security+ with Continuing Education [CE] (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma